Our vBulletin migration is complete.
Welcome vBulletin users! All content and user information from the Micro Focus Forums (vBulletin) site has been migrated to this site. READ MORE.
ramesh9 Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

send event against webservice ci

OMI 10.62

I had created new webservice CI as related CI for node CI instance and then defined KPI for webservice CI instance.

In order to calculate KPI I need to send event again webservice CI instance with HI indicator.

I tried to send event using sendEvent.sh but unfortunately events are not shown against webservice CI.

Even when I try to access KPI over time report, I see No Data even though I had enabled "Save KPI over time" data for webservice CI. I tried below commands,

sendEvent.sh -s Critical -t 'NNMi Webservice not responding' -c NNMi -nh node.domain.com -rch NodeBean -eh LegacySystem:Critical:983

sendEvent.sh -s Critical -t 'NNMi Webservice not responding' -c NNMi -sch NodeBean -rch NodeBean -eh LegacySystem:Critical:983

sendEvent.sh -s Critical -t 'NNMi Webservice not responding' -c NNMi -nh node.domain.com -sch as2282aufal02 -rch webservice:NodeBean:@@node.domain.com -eh LegacySystem:Critical:983

Please advise.

0 Likes
1 Reply
Pablo_SR_OMI Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Re: send event against webservice ci

Hello 

The category or the relatedCiHint could be causing a confict thatis not allowing for the event to be related to the CI.

Could you try the following syntax:

sendEvent.sh -s <severity> -t <text> –c KpiStatusChange -sc <SubCategory> -eh <ETI>:<ETIValue> -rch GUCMDB:<Global ID of the business application>

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.