Ryan Ferreri Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Connector for SCOM - error when running topology integration

Jump to solution

I have installed the Ops Connector for SCOM and connected it to my SCOM 2016 environment. I am only interested in topology for now, so I configured the topology connector, installed the topology management pack in SCOM, and started the scom2012t agent component. The integration does not run. In the log file, it says:

2018-05-24 13:38:41 [ 6096] ERROR HPSCOMCollector2012.Topology.TopologyCollector - None of the defined configuration groups were found on the Microsoft SCOM server
2018-05-24 13:38:41 [ 6096] ERROR HPSCOMCollector2012.Topology.TopologyCollector - System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at HPSCOMCollector2012.Topology.TopologyCollector.Collect()
at HPSCOMCollector2012.Common.Collector.Execute(): Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
2018-05-24 13:38:41 [ 6096] ERROR HPSCOMCollector2012.Topology.TopologyCollector - at HPSCOMCollector2012.Topology.TopologyCollector.Collect()
at HPSCOMCollector2012.Common.Collector.Execute()

I verified in SCOM that the management pack is loaded, and that the HPE Topology Infrastructure group exists in SCOM and has member objects.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.

Re: Connector for SCOM - error when running topology integration

Jump to solution

I figured it out. The integration was looking for the 'HP Topology Infrastructure' group, but in SCOM it's called 'HPE Topology Infrastructure.' I updated the group name in %ovdatadir%\conf\HPBsmIntSCOM\genint\scom_2012_topology_integration.conf and it started working.

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.

Re: Connector for SCOM - error when running topology integration

Jump to solution

I figured it out. The integration was looking for the 'HP Topology Infrastructure' group, but in SCOM it's called 'HPE Topology Infrastructure.' I updated the group name in %ovdatadir%\conf\HPBsmIntSCOM\genint\scom_2012_topology_integration.conf and it started working.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.