Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Acclaimed Contributor.. FrankMortensen Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Not able to access the RTSM REST API

Jump to solution

Hi,

I am getting slightly frustrated on this one...

In OBM 10.63 IP2 distributed environment (two DPS's and two load balanced GW's) on Windows, we would like for an external system to be able to query CI's in RTSM by means of the REST (not SOAP) API for RTSM. But I am not at all able to make this work.  I have tried with the SoapUI, and the guys running the external system have tried from their application.

We use the following URL initially:

https://<OBM_GW1_fqdn>:8443/rest-api/authenticate

We POST the following to this URL, using valid RTSM sysdamin credentials:

{
"username": "sysadmin",
"password": "the_pw_here", 
"clientContext": 1
}

But instead of the expected token in JSON-format we only get a plain HTML page stating "HPE Universal CMDB 10.33", with a menu with various entries to start the JMX Console, download the API Client etc.

I have also tried the same with the normal HTTPS-port (443) but then I get "HTTP Error 403" instead.

I have also made the two above attempts towards the DPS1-server instead, but this fails with "HTTP Error 500" and a connection refused, respectively. Even when I run a SoapUI installed locally on the DPS.

My question is: How on earth can I enable the REST API towards RTSM properly?

BTW, we use the exact same method above to access our external dedicated UCMDB-server. This works like a charm. We get a token and can then perform whatever queries we like via the REST API. So evidentlty something is different when UCMDB has been bundled as RTSM in OBM 10.63.

Cheers,
Frank

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Not able to access the RTSM REST API

Jump to solution

UCMDB REST API in RTSM is available starting with OBM 2018.11 onwards. So no wonder you had no luck with OBM 10.63. Consider upgrading your OBM if you really need this REST API.

3 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

UCMDB REST API in RTSM is available starting with OBM 2018.11 onwards. So no wonder you had no luck with OBM 10.63. Consider upgrading your OBM if you really need this REST API.

Acclaimed Contributor.. FrankMortensen Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hi Dmitry,

Thanks for your reply.

Could I have the source of that info, please?

The 10.63 documentation covers details regarding both the SOAP and REST API's for RTSM, so I am very surprised to hear this.

Cheers,
Frank

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

I see that the RTSM REST API is included in the OBM 10.63 documentation.  This is an error, and I just requested it to get removed from that version.  As Dmitry said, it is supported with OBM 2018.11.  Fyi, it supports local users in OBM, not LDAP users.

CP.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.