ALL Flow Inputs should be exposed in report same as 9.x

Idea ID 1673299

ALL Flow Inputs should be exposed in report same as 9.x

0 Votes

Currently in 9.x when you open the Advanced Flow report the very first line is the name of the flow and ALL the inputs that were passed to the flow as shown below.

That is not available in the new versions but is a very important piece of information when troubleshooting various integrations and issues.  We need to know if the inputs made it to OO and there is no way of doing that now.

Please make this a priority in the enhancements as we are finding it very difficult to troubleshoot in the new version PRODUCTION environment without this information.

Please let me know if any questions related to need we are requesting.  Again this is very important to troubleshooting and would appreciate a high prioritization. 

Verify Planned Start 0 servicemanager   Oct 31, 2018 9:26:42 AM Oct 31, 2018 9:26:42 AM .018   (CIsymptom=DATA ISSUES), (OpenedBy=a112233), (AffectedCI=AP1058),
(AssignmentGroup=servicenow), (Category=Batch Job Failure),
(ContactID=), (Urgency=3 - Low), (Environment=Production), (Impact=4 -
Low), (DiscoveryMethod=Support group), (CustomerContactMethod=internal
support group)   0.0

8 Comments
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

What version of OO are you using in Production? 
I see flow inputs in both run explorer and export to text option running on 2018.09

You may also want to clean up your original posting the column header area has links to your UAT environment. 

Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Thank you!

We have been using 10.80 and now we are at 2018.09 and still do not see that kind of information that we really need to help troubleshoot and just be able to verify with our customers they are sending all the correct info.

Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

We only see the flow inputs that are relevant to that specific step.  We are not able to see all the inputs that were feed into the flow like you can in 9.x reporting at the very top.

As you navigate down and look at all the steps you see the inputs that specific step used but without looking through the entire flow there is no way to know exactly what inputs were given to the flow and that is what we need just like it was in 9.x with them all listed at the top.

I do not see them when exporting to CSV but I do see flow inputs at the top of the text report - I also see them in the expanded drop-down in run explorer (down arrow in the middle of the grey header bar) in both tree and table view.

Can you verify that you're exporting to text or to CSV?

If in the meantime, while you wait for MicroFocus support, you want a SQL query to obtain the run inputs let me know. 

Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Yes, exactly... the "Bound Inputs" I want that in the actual report view even if it is only under the tree view so I do not have to export to see that information everytime.

It would be great to have that Bound Inputs added as the very first entry in the the table view like it was in 9.x.

Also they didn't like us to query the actual DB being used, has that changed now?  I would love the query to show the inputs.

select * from OO_EXECUTION_BOUND_INPUTS where EXECUTION_ID = ?

Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.
Status changed to: Already Offered

unless I am missing something, the requested item is already offered both in the API and in the Central UI

check the execution-log API call - described here too: https://docs.microfocus.com/itom/Operations_Orchestration:2018.09/Develop/Working_with_API/Reason_4_Hand_Off 

select any flow in the run Explorer and expand its header.

Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Hi Andrei,

Thank you for that tidbit of information.  I guess that little arrow has just gone unnoticed.

If the info is there it should not be hard to add it to the Table view as the very first step correct?  To have it all in one place where you could easily Copy/Paste it to share with customer would make it so much easier.

Thanks

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.