Add an option to automatically resume flow execution when a worker becomes available

Idea ID 1629633

Add an option to automatically resume flow execution when a worker becomes available

Briefly describe your idea

Paused flows should automatically resume upon worker availability

Why is this important, when it would it be used

In case workers become unavailable due to various network or system related aspects it can happen that running flows would end up in pause state.

Manual resume is necessary once workers become available.

Having an automatic process would remove the need of manual intervention and improve the flow’s time to value.

If you were designing the solution, how would  you do it?

A component could monitor both the flows that are paused due to <No Workers in Group> and the workers and take actions based on worker availability so that no human intervention will be needed.

7 Comments
Account_Closed
Not applicable

This is a very valid request - moving to the next phase. Requesting votes on this idea.

Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

I like this idea! Maybe as an addition to this ER, it could be an option on a flow level. Just a checkbox that says "automatically resume if status 'No workers in groups'".
I think it could be beneficial in some cases to have it avoid being automatically resumed.

Trusted Contributor.. Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

I strongly agree with the value add for TimeToValue if this could be added.

I also like the additional ER to make it a selectable option at the flow level as I also see a need in some cases where manual resume would still be required.

Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

It must be configurable, and should not be resumed automatically for ALL paused flows when a worker becomes available, as there will be cases where it is indeed the intention to keep the flow paused as long as needed and rather be resumed explicitly.

Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.
Status changed to: Under Consideration

We have reviewed this idea and placed it Under Consideration.

Stay tuned for more updates.

Hope it helps,

Andrei Vasile Truta

Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.
Status changed to: Accepted

Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.
Status changed to: Delivered

This feature is available as part of OO 2018.09 released recently.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.