Add historical querys - second DB connection

Idea ID 1762700

Add historical querys - second DB connection

Is there any chance to connect a just read-only database so we are able to read historical data from the same OO installation? In our bank there are a lot of applications which have the option to dump historical data to a second DB and read the data from it within the same interface (we have got the obligation of backing up data for 10 years and a single OO DB which is growing faster it's not good for performance).

I just hope that I won't be the only one with this issue 🙂

Best regards, Alexis.

2 Comments
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor
Status changed to: Waiting for Votes

Alexis, can you provide a clear use case on how you would see such a functionality, how it should work?

How do you expect to guarentee the data intergrity in an environment that doesn't support downtime?

If a downtime for data replication is acceptable in your environment, what is the maximum downtime possible and at what intervals (days, weeks, monthly)?

Setting status to Waiting for Votes to get community feedback.

Thanks,
Florin

Trusted Contributor.. Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Florin, thanks. I forgot this thread, I had opened an ER via case manager but I've been noticed that this is the proper way now.

Alexis, can you provide a clear use case on how you would see such a functionality, how it should work?

An ideal situation would be have on the run management menu an option like "run explorer" but pointing to a historical database, keeping the records. The merge mechanism between tables has to be implemented with a sp, for example

How do you expect to guarentee the data intergrity in an environment that doesn't support downtime?

Here we have a problem, so we have to establish some kind of "maintenance window mechanism" in order to do the data replication.

If a downtime for data replication is acceptable in your environment, what is the maximum downtime possible and at what intervals (days, weeks, monthly)?

Really in our case we have such a little possible maintenance period, 30 min at work days, maybe we could have more time at weekends. The daily backup routine of the DB may be helpful?

As a workaround we tried to install another central instance and identified some tabled with the information needed but we haven't got all the description and we can't restore the entire database because we are duplicating the scheduled executions, having two productive instances with multiple access.

Thanks for all your assistance.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.