Easy migrations to any upper versions

Idea ID 2766102

Easy migrations to any upper versions

One of my Premium Support customers can’t move Operations Orchestration (OO) from 9.xx to 10.x/2019.11 easily

Because many end-users who made many flows on their OO production system require non-stop operation.

I hope future installation programs will reduce the number of manual operations and the downtime as much as possible.   

Tags (2)
5 Comments
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

The upgrade procedure from 9.X to 10.X is already documented and will not change.

The official documentation is here: https://docs.microfocus.com/itom/Operations_Orchestration:2020.02/UpgradeFromOldVersions

Going forward we need to understand what concrete requirements do you have for a more seamless upgrade process.

@Yoshihiro Watabe please add more details to what you believe should be improved.

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello FlorInM   

Thank you for your reply. I'm sorry I've not noticed your comment. 

I'm asking our Support team and the customer to answer your request.

Just a moment, please.

Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor
Status changed to: Declined

As explained in the previous post, the upgrade from OO 9.x to 10.x is already documented and explained in detail and will not change.

For the new OO versions we are constantly improving the upgrade process and try to minimize the number of required steps and the downtime.

Considering no specific requirement was formulated in this idea we are declining it.

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

OK. I've received no questions/requests from the customer which uses 30,500 licenses

They planed to move OO from 9.x to 2019.11 by June 30, so we think the following site will be useful.

https://docs.microfocus.com/itom/Operations_Orchestration:2020.02/UpgradeFromOldVersions

However, the migration may be late due to their organization change and the extension of the state of emergency in Japan as follows.  

https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/news/20200504_18/

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

The customer appreciated the site you prepared. Thank you so much.

They will build OO 2019.11 by the end of July and move many flows from OO 9.x and OO10.x to OO 2019.11 by the end of next March.

One of the big reasons why it takes much time is the customer has many users who created flows and it doesn't seem the customer can have the users help any migrations.

I'm afraid the users are so busy with their tasks that they don't want to spend their time on this kind of additional tasks. = Their tasks are not to move to the latest version regularly but to use their flows in order to improve their productivity.   

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.