Get base job result error message

Idea ID 1671987

Get base job result error message

0 Votes

Hello,

I use "Get base job result" operation to get overall SA job status. It return back JSON formatted output to me. I see it have more detials, but it miss the main Error Message. Example: Suppose a server failed on Remediation Patch due to Agent timeout. The "Get base job result"  only gives overall status as "Error". We need the exact same error message what we see on SA Gui. So we could report the same to the requestor. Compare below image (SA Job details) and txt (OO JSON result).mfScreen1.JPG

I have raised a case with Microfocus, there response below.

R&D has informed that the all operations have not that feature about show the “Failure Message”. In this case we consider that this could be candidate for an Enhancement Request and, for that we encourage that you please add your idea here: https://community.softwaregrp.com/t5/Operations-Orchestration-Idea/idb-p/OO_Idea_Exchange.

Hence I am  raising this Enhancement Request.

1 Comment
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.
Status changed to: Waiting for Votes

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.