Improve oo Docker content

Idea ID 2765403

Improve oo Docker content

0 Votes

There is an oo CP to interact with docker but it's  very limitated (create container does not allow cmd + args), multiple functions implemented with ssh and not with API call,...)

It could be very helpful for us to enhance docker support in OO content.

3 Comments
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: Needs Clarification

Thank you  thisamu for submitting this idea.

In addition to APIs and cmd+args is it possible to specify the exact use cases/capabilities you need in this content?

Thank you,

Lucian Revnic

Respected Contributor.. Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Hello Lucian,

In my use case, i need to pull an image, create and start a container that execute a task, wait until that task ends ( so the container stop), get the logs, remove the container, remove the image.

Pulling an image, waiting until a container stop, and creating and starting a container with a complex command are not implemented in the current CP. Removing an image is implemented with ssh command and we don't have ssh access to docker servers.

With this scenario, i can use docker servers as extended remote executors with all the possibilities offered by the use of docker image

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: Waiting for Votes

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.