Improve support for AWS Security Token in AWS integration (OO Cloud CP)

Idea ID 1767089

Improve support for AWS Security Token in AWS integration (OO Cloud CP)

For our AWS automation, we're now acquiring temporary credentials with SAML (ADFS). To be very clear, acquiring these credentials is not the subject of this case.

These credentials contain an Access Key, Secret Key, and Session Token. These inputs are commonly called in OO flows, respectively, "accessKeyId", "accessKey", "securityToken".

In the most recent Cloud content pack (2.6.2) and previous versions, very few of the built-in operations accept the securityToken. In fact, the only ones I find are within the EC2 folder.

Because of this, I'm finding I'll have to "reinvent the wheel" for many of the operations we currently use, with the new credentials that include securityToken (Session Token). With significant experience in PowerShell, I will be writing copies of many built-in operations in PowerShell.

Please update all AWS operations in the Cloud content pack to accept securityToken.

3 Comments
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: Waiting for Votes

Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Is this under review? Any clarifications required?

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello PSCSupport,

The idea is in Waiting for Votes state. This means we are waitin for other users to vote to so that we'll get an understanding how many users would like to see the feature implemented in the product.

Thank you,

Lucian

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.