More Parameters for Purge History SQL Scripts

Idea ID 2801487

More Parameters for Purge History SQL Scripts

The current PurgeHistory Stored Procedures are a great way to maintain the DB, however, I would like to suggest some additional parameters to allow for a more finegrain usage:

1) Parameter to toggle Flow Input/Output Deletion

The OO API to purge the Execution Summary has inputs to toggle the Deletion of Flow Inputs and Flow Outputs. The SQL scripts should have this option as well. Use Case: You want to delete only the detailed info in the step log but not the input/outputs of the flow due to retention policies.

2) Parameter to Purge Particular Runs

The SQL procedure should have a parameter that allows me to trigger the purging for given Run IDs, irregardless of the given timestamp. This option would probably not be used in a scheduled job but is very usefull for ad-hoc purging. Use Case: Due to an unforeseen error in the flow logic, a flow runs a very long loop very often, creating unnecessary data. I immediately want to purge this new data and not wait for our scheduled purge.

2 Comments
Respected Contributor.. Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

To my experience, suggestion #2 is a very important feature to get rid of lots of flow data trash related to a zombie flow.  

Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor
Status changed to: Waiting for Votes

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.