Idea ID 2862070
The goal would be to natively support running C# just like cloudslang with Python. As well as being able to reference user provided dlls, along with raw C# code that uses "using" statements.
This feature would allow for:
- Faster completion for integrations and vendors that already provide C# toolkits
- Allow customers to easily integrate their existing C# libraries and code base
- Leverage dotnet native windows integrations while running from windows ras servers
- This is highly debated, but C#'s JIT compilation would allow for larger code bases to run faster
- Offers an option to us users to use a strongly/statically typed language
- With additions like Mono, the drawbacks of using C# for portability are not as much of a concern
- Offers an option to python operations for large Windows companies
- Ideally support any dotnet version, but the goal would be dotnet 5 (successor to dotnet core 3.x) if it needs to be tied to a specific distro.
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.