【OO】about the sessiontimeout of Central or RAS

Idea ID 1763713

【OO】about the sessiontimeout of Central or RAS

0 Votes

My customer is running flow to failed because the short time set by sessiontimeout (default 30 minutes). Although the value of sessiontimeout can be changed by changing the jar package (change to 29 hours), the change method is as follows:
Central
Engine-webapp-10.xx.xx.jar
  \META-INF\spring\engineQuartzContext.xml (nothing to edit)
  And
\META-INF\spring\newAgentContext.xml - change highlighted value to 104400000 (29h)
                 <bean id="sessionTimeout" class="java.lang.Long">
                                 <constructor-arg type="long" value="1800000"/>
                 </bean>
Score-worker-0..x.x.x.jar \META-INF\spring\score\context\scoreWorkerSchedulerContext.xml
                 <bean id="scoreSessionTimeout" class="java.lang.Long">
                 <constructor-arg value="1800000" type="long"/>

However, my customer thinks that the default 30 minutes is too short, my customer hope to set the default value of sessiontimeout to a longer time, Or provide another simpler method of setting sessiontimeout and add some detail of sessiontimeout to the guide.

2 Comments
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

@chara , can you please provide a clear description of the use case that should support such a configuration?

Have you considered to check how the flows that require such a high timeout are constructed? Do the flows respect the authoring best practices?

In normal flows and operations there is no need for timeout that exceeds 30 minutes. 

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: Waiting for Votes

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.