OO flow references

Idea ID 1641201

OO flow references

I am submitting an ER to create a "service" that allows an OO end user to determine the references of a flow or operation outside of Studio (per MF case SD02158321 Studio is the only way to do this). I would like to dynamically determine what operations or subflows a "parent" flow uses and/or what flows use a give operation or subflow but I don't want to do this manually in Studio for our thousand + flows. This would allow us to create a "service catalog" of our automation and dynamially show the relationships/references of flows and operations.

It sounds like this feature isn't available in Designer. If that is true, I'd also like this ER to be used to create the functionality in Designer too.

3 Comments
Account_Closed
Not applicable

Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi,

When you mention: "end-user" and "outside of studio" do you have in mind this capability to be available for Central Users? If yes, do you indeed see this as something available for end-users or specialized users thus the capability to be RBAC controlled?

Such feature is available in the current Desktop Studio - when you mention that you do not want to manually process you mean that the current implementation involves too much manual work? IF yes, how would you specifically see the feature implemented in the OO Workflow Designer?

Thank you,

Andrei

Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor
Status changed to: Declined

Due to lack of support from the community we are declining this idea for now.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.