Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.

OOSHA should support content pack dependency check and flow validation

Idea ID 1667617

OOSHA should support content pack dependency check and flow validation

Good evening ,

We are planning to the process of deployment of content packs into centrals.We are planning to use oosha.bat utility for creating a content pack automatically.And planning to use Deploy Content Pack operator to deploy it to the central.

But we are facing few difficulites while using oosha.bat utility for creating contentpacks.Those are:

-->We are not able to figure out dependency and transition errors of a flow during creation of CP using oosha.bat.And actual problem arises when we try to deploy CP having a flow with transition error into central.The Cp is getting  deployed into central which should be the case.

Would like to know if there is any opeartor/utility which could check for the development/dependency errors of flows.

overcoming above trouble would help us to completely automate the deployment process of flows in central. 

Tags (2)
4 Comments
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: New Idea

Hi,

There no such operation. I imagine you would like to have the functionality of tracking flows dependencies in OOSHA? 

Can you describe in few sentences what will be the expected output in this case? Eg. do you want to see a list of flows that have missing dependencies? Do you want to exclude from CP creation the flows that have errors etc.?

Thanks,

Lucian

AndreiTruta Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.
Status changed to: Waiting for Votes

what is the oosha version you're using?

Trusted Contributor.. K_Mahesh_Nayak Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Hi Revnic

Yes we would like have the functionality of tracking flows dependencies in OOSHA or else if there is any other way(operators) to track the same is also fine for us .Whenver a flow is considered for deploying into central , we would like to identify the dependencies used by the flow and also any errors(transition error , flow variable assigning errors)prior to deploying it.When we create a CP if a flow inisde the folder has dependency or any sort of error we are expecting to get an error message staing "the flow are not included in Cp created " when cp is being created using oosha.bat Or else would if there is any other means by which we could identify the dependencies or any other flows would help us in solving our issue which we are facing using oosha.bat utility.

Hi AndreiTruta

The version of oosha used is 10.80

Member.. ot_douglasm
Member..

To me, it's ironic that OO is an automation tool, but it offers no way to properly automate its deployments. In OOSHA, I'd expect the same or similar functionality as Studio. Here are my thoughts:

• Even if OOSHA ignores dependencies, it should at the very least include the existing pom.xml file in the generated content pack. This is the bare minimum which is missing today.
  • Upon releasing, Studio warns you about dependency conflicts, but you can bypass them. OOSHA should also display a warning, at least. Better yet, it could fail outright unless a --nodeps true or similar option is passed.
  • It might not be feasible to have OOSHA prompt for dependency conflict resolution (i.e. user interaction), but having the option to tell OOSHA ahead of time to automatically resolve and update dependencies with the latest versions found would be nice (i.e. --resolveDependencies true, or similar).
  • OOSHA should also validate content in the same way Studio does.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.