Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.

Output filters in Workflow designer

Idea ID 2700199

Output filters in Workflow designer

Workflow designer has very nice and interesting features, one of them that you can include python methods on output value to filter out the value, this is undeniably great, but this can't replace the usability of output filters found in OO Studio like stipping text with these options

• All Characters Up To the string
  • All Characters Up To And Including the string
  • All Characters After the string
  • All Characters After And Including the string

I was able to create this case as python but it will be much easier for users to have this as interface options other than adding more steps to his workflow.

I was thinking about compilation orders, you can simply keep the expression editor to be processed first and the outcome of the editor to be further processed by the filters, by that we had the best of both features.

3 Comments
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Very interesting idea/request. There is a similar one below with 27 votes that Micro Focus decided to decline it. 

https://community.microfocus.com/t5/Operations-Orchestration-Idea/JSONPath-filter/idi-p/1641485

Maybe it will be reconsidered as we see more users asking for filters. 

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

He raised it against OO studio, But my request here was against Workflow Designer, which is today core for Robotic Process Automation, Hybrid Cloud Management authoring and for sure OO. 

I think this time is fully aligned with strategy. 

Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Status changed to: Waiting for Votes

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.