Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE

Search all by inputs

Search all by inputs

I would like you can add the feature to search by inputs like in 9.x

6 Comments
AndreiTruta Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.
Status changed to: Waiting for Votes

I am opening this for votes.

i wonder: are you looking for such feature in order to perform the searches on the production environment? If yes, could you describe a little bit the use-case? I would like to link this quesiton with another one: are you purging data in your production environment?

thank you in advance

andrei

kmann Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Hi Andrei,

We use the search option currently in 9.x a lot!  Here is a perfect example...  A customer calls us and says that the automation with change ticket CM12335 did not execute correctly.  Rather than having to look through 100's of flows trying to find the one with that CM#  we use the search ability as pointed out in the above attached screen shot to narrow down the location of the desired flow and then use the input as the search criteria to find that exact flow.  Here is the search criteria we use for input: number:CM12335

We definitely need to be able to search for specific flows in 10.x or we will be looking through flows all day just trying to find the correct one.  Not sure why the same search capabilities are not already included in 10.x.  This must make trying to find a specific flow run nearly impossible to find on the new platform.

This should not even require to be voted on as it should just be including functionality that was already there.  We will not be able to properly serve our customers if we do not have a way to search for a specific flow based on information they give us.  If nothing else, just allow search by input only do not necessarily need the location part.  If we are just able to do a search from the GUI using the example above of input number:CM12335 and it returns that flow run that will work.

Please let me know if any other questions as this is very important to us and probably everyone using the new platform.  The ability to search was in 9.x not sure why something so important was removed from 10.x.

Thanks

Valued Contributor.

Hello,

Any traction on this as we really need this functionality to support our customers.  It is very hard to help them troubleshooting when we cannot even find the correct run without searching through many reports to find the correct one.

Please consider putting this in soon so we are able to find information much quicker.

Thanks

Valued Contributor.

Checking in on this as it is really impacting our customers and the ability to find specific runs like in version 9.  

Please let me know if there are any questions.

Valued Contributor.

Hello,

Just wanted to check on the status of this.

Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Hi @kmann ,

We understand this request is important to you and we are monitroing this idea.

At the moment, community support is still gathered. Priority in evaluating any request depends on this support.

Regards,
Florin

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.