Support for additional Overrides in OO Central

Idea ID 1634547

Support for additional Overrides in OO Central

Currently in OO Central it is possible to set and override value for System Accounts, and System Properties.  I believe it would be beneficial in flow design if it were possible to set overrides for more types of system objects; objects such as Selection Lists

In several Workflow designs I find it necessary to define a selection list rather than a validation rule to structure the inputs to a given flow and limit what a user can enter when executing the flow.  These lists as with the other configuration objects in an OO Project may need to have different values if used in a different environment or other OO Central system.  Currently I find myself creating multiple Content Packs to accomadate different values for those system objects outside of a System Account, or System Property. causing us to have to manage multiple instances of the same flows seperately for each environment.  If I could update the values for configuration objects such as Selection List from within OO Central I would be able to more effectively distribute content across those various environments

4 Comments
Account_Closed
Not applicable

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Probably a equivalent solution can be achieved by using System Properties (with something like <value1><separator><value2><separator><value3>) and converting/interpreting them to a list (based on previous <separator>)

Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor
Status changed to: Declined

As @Ramon_Vazquez pointed out, using the System Properties can solve the need to have different values in each environment.

The idea didn't received community support and there are reasonable workarounds so we are declining the idea for now.

Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

If you want to use Selection list for input for the flow you can not use Selection List -> Flow variable.  You must use Selection list -> Selection list.

So if you want to have one value in Studio/Test and other in OO Central only way is to have override with Central Value.

This idea has my vote.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.