New Ranks & Badges For The Community!
Notice something different? The ranks and associated badges have gone "Star Fleet". See what they all mean HERE

make tests in OO Studio easier and faster

Idea ID 2828666

make tests in OO Studio easier and faster

Hi community,
when you test your flows in OO Studio, you have to put-in all necessesary parameters via the GUI.

This is really annoying when you have to put in a lot of parameters. And even more annoying if you have to repeat the tests again and again.

I am looking for a way to make this testing more easy with less faulty inputs and much quicker.
Is there a way to give the flow an answer file, where you put in each needed parameter line by line?
Like a silent installation, with a given answer file.
This would be a great easement in developing.

Thank you.

5 Comments
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

There is an option to reference system properties instead of entering the values when you want to test/debug flows.

Still, I also think it can be further improved and that's why I've submitted an idea here

https://community.microfocus.com/t5/Operations-Orchestration-Idea/Attach-Files-to-OO-Content-Packs/idi-p/2751886

If it is similar with your needs please vote it as it will help in prioritization.

Thank you,

Lucian

Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

I using that method.

I create a new flow and adding my flow to new flow. After, I type all parameters in new flow and i run new flow.

But, this is annoying too.

Commander
Commander

Hi Semih,

thank you for your suggestion. And your conclusion is right: this is annoying, too.

😉

Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Status changed to: New Idea

@hbit , thank you for posting this idea.

As already explained by @Lucian-Revnic , you already have the ability to use the system properties to partially address the needs for your use case. I agree further enhancements can be pursued in this direction and the idea Lucian created makes sense. 

Future enhancements and features will be added to the Workflow Designer and based on the community support, a similar feature with what you requested will be available in a future release. For now we need to decline this idea.

Status changed to: Declined

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.