Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE

【oo】Cannot set the count of cores cpu When using [Set CPU Count] flow to set the count of CPU

【oo】Cannot set the count of cores cpu When using [Set CPU Count] flow to set the count of CPU

0 Votes

I tried to set the count of CPU in a virtual machine in VMware by [Set CPU Count] flow
/Virtualization [1.15.0]/Library/Integrations/VMware/VMware Virtual Infrastructure and vSphere/Virtual Machines/Configuration/CPUs/Set CPU Count

There is only one [vmCpuCount] parameter in the parameter to set the number of cpu
I can't specify the number of core cpus.
For example, when I set the [vmCpuCount] parameter to 8, the following four cases will occur.
[Number of processors: 1 Number of cores per processor: 8]
[Number of processors: 2 Number of cores per processor: 4]
[Number of processors: 4 Number of cores per processor: 2]
[Number of processors: 8 Number of cores per processor: 1]

I hope to add a parameter to set the count of cores cpu to set the number of core cpu

Thanks

1 Comment
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: Already Offered

Hello Chara,

In 1.15.0 Virtualization CP the 'Set Cores Per Socket' operation was enhanced to solve the above use case.

Can you try the operation and let us know if this is what you are looking for?

Thansk,

Lucian

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.