Absent Member.. masaewk Absent Member..
Absent Member..

10.01 RAS Configuration

Jump to solution

Please provide me the detailed instructions to setup RAS for 10.01.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GeorgeDK Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: 10.01 RAS Configuration

Jump to solution

Hello,

What was known as RAS in OO9 is now called a worker in OO10. In the same fashion that the OO9 Central installation installed Central and a RAS on the same server, in the same way Central installed for OO10 contains a built-in worker - they are just not separate services/executables.

It is advised that any extra workers are installed on separate servers.

HTH.

Kind regards,

George.

0 Likes
8 Replies
Absent Member.. JasonCantrell Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hello Masaewk -

I will gather the appropriate documentation and post it for you here.

Thank you!

Jason Cantrell

HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hello again Masaewk,

Here is the link to the 10.0 Setup and installation guide.

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM00465743

You will find the section on how to setup RAS on page 26 under the heading "Installing a RAS Server".

Please let me know if this thread is answered by clicking the "Accept as Solution" button.

Kind Regards,

Jason

HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

I already have all those documentation that came with the installation package, but not detail enough and confusing.  I need a step by step assistance.

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hello again Masaewk,

The documentation has basic steps to click through to completion and it is fairly streamlined. We do not have any other type of step-by-step. Can you please let me know which steps you are having issues with and I will see if I can help.

Kind Regards,

Jason

HP Support
0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

do I need to install ras?  if so, can i install on the same server as central?

0 Likes
GeorgeDK Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hello,

What was known as RAS in OO9 is now called a worker in OO10. In the same fashion that the OO9 Central installation installed Central and a RAS on the same server, in the same way Central installed for OO10 contains a built-in worker - they are just not separate services/executables.

It is advised that any extra workers are installed on separate servers.

HTH.

Kind regards,

George.

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

I didn't install RAS at first, but a hp support person instructed me that I "must" install RAS and that I can install it on the same server as the central.  So I installed RAS, but now do I need to uninstall RAS from the central server?

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hello again Masaewk,

The 10.x product comes with RAS already installed as George pointed out.  I wanted to ask, where did you install RAS from and which version? If you did it during the 10.x install (and it is a worker) you should not uninstall it.  Please let me know if you installed RAS from another source.

Kind Regards,

Jason

HP Support
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.