Chris_Powers Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

10.60 / Base 1.12.3 / Remote Shell / problems issuing ssh from within shell

Jump to solution

Hello,

We have a flow that runs and connects to one of four hosts.  From there, it'll ssh to a network device (Cisco router|switch) and troubelshoot.  

I can log into the host specified in the remote shell, however, in my command, that ssh specified there, can't seem to issue my commands.  

ex:

send pwd
expect (.*)
send ssh chris@${targetIP} ---- also tried send ssh -o "StrictHostKeyChecking no" chris@${targetIP}
expect (.*)
send ${NAPasswd}
expect (.*)
send "show users; exit"
expect (.*)

The pwd works fine

But, the ssh does not, I don't get into the device.  (telnet will work fine, but we need ssh).  It's not a router | switch thing, as I've also tried ssh'ing into other Linux hosts - same problem.  Tried ssh shell as well, no difference.  Manually, no problems, I can issue these commands and log right in.  

Gor to think there's an easy fix for this, but I'm drawing a blank.

thanks,
Chris

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Outstanding Contributor.. JarodMB Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: 10.60 / Base 1.12.3 / Remote Shell / problems issuing ssh from within shell

Jump to solution

Are you doing this all from OO or are you using an intermediary like NA? 

4 Replies

Jump to solution

Are you doing this all from OO or are you using an intermediary like NA? 

Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

From OO.  

OO will ssh to each NA Core (OS, not proxy - plan is to troubelshoot outside of NA, as these devices have issues where NA can't manage).  

-Chris

0 Likes

Jump to solution

have you tried using the shell wizard tool? 
<studio install dir>/studio/tools/shell-wizard.bat

It's pretty easy using the proxy but maybe the wizard tool will give you a clue to your issues using the os ssh interface

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

that's a good idea.  

Yeah, figure NA proxy would work and that is an option, but had hoped OS might be better.  

I'll try the shell wizzard and if that doesn't work, will fall back to using proxy.  

Thanks,
Chris

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.