Respected Contributor.. Paul Meaders Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

10.70 Upgrade steps

Jump to solution

I am attempting to follow the auto-upgrade steps for 10.60 RASes outlined in the 10.70 release notes..  According to the document you need to upload the ras-upgrade.zip file to Central, and prepare the RASes for upgrade, PRIOR to upgrading Central.  However there are no details provided on how to accomplish this.

I assume that you unzip the ras-upgrade.zip file into the upgrade directory under Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Operations Orchestration and then run the apply-upgrade.bat file.  There is no information on how to run the "Prepare" step.

Assuming that is correct, then my question is regarding the Central upgrade.  Both the ras-upgrade and the upgrade zip files expand into the same path.  But the contents are slightly different.  So  I assume that you first expand the ras-upgrade.zip file and run apply-upgrade.bat, and then expand upgrade.zip file snf run apply-upgrade.bat.

Is this correct? Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dani_c Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Re: 10.70 Upgrade steps

Jump to solution
Hi Paul,
You don't have to unzip the ras-upgrade.zip. You need to upload it in your central. If you go in the topology page under Ras Upgrade tab, the first thing on the page is the upload section. There you need to provide the ras-upgrade.zip.
After the file is uploaded, you can select your rases in order to prepare them by clicking on the "Prepare" button. During this stage all the required files will be downloaded on the ras machine.
As soon as the preparing stage is complete successfully, you have to manually upgrade your central (check the upgrade guide).
When your central is upgraded, you have to go back in the Ras Upgrade page and select your rases in order to upgrade them by clicking on the "Upgrade" button.
You can find more info in the 10.70 Central Guide, under "Setting Up Topology – Automatic RAS Upgrade"

Thank you,
Daniel
0 Likes
2 Replies
dani_c Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Jump to solution
Hi Paul,
You don't have to unzip the ras-upgrade.zip. You need to upload it in your central. If you go in the topology page under Ras Upgrade tab, the first thing on the page is the upload section. There you need to provide the ras-upgrade.zip.
After the file is uploaded, you can select your rases in order to prepare them by clicking on the "Prepare" button. During this stage all the required files will be downloaded on the ras machine.
As soon as the preparing stage is complete successfully, you have to manually upgrade your central (check the upgrade guide).
When your central is upgraded, you have to go back in the Ras Upgrade page and select your rases in order to upgrade them by clicking on the "Upgrade" button.
You can find more info in the 10.70 Central Guide, under "Setting Up Topology – Automatic RAS Upgrade"

Thank you,
Daniel
0 Likes
Respected Contributor.. Paul Meaders Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Jump to solution

Thanks very much.  That is exactly the information I was looking for,

Paul

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.