Absent Member.. cgrim1350 Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Add Storage to Drive in VMWare

I need to add storage to the 😧 drive on a VM created in VMWare by HPOO. The drive is already there but it currently has no storage. I found a flow under Integrations > VMware > VMware Virtual Infrastructure > Configuration named "Add Disk to VM" however this creates a disk, and the disk is already there. Also I'm pretty sure I'm not putting the correct value for the diskPath variable. Any ideas? I'd appreciate any advice on this. Thanks!

Labels (3)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Contributor.. ChristineB Contributor..
Contributor..

Re: Add Storage to Drive in VMWare

What version of OO are ou running, and what OO patches are applied to your OO installation?

I would assume the purpose of an "Add Disk to VM" operation would be to add/create a new disk on a VM, not to add space to an existing disk.  However, I would like to take a closer look at the operation.  There have been at least a couple of times where VMware integration content has been enhanced or updated over the OO versions, so I need to confirm your OO version and patch level before taking a closer look.

0 Likes
Absent Member.. cgrim1350 Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Add Storage to Drive in VMWare

Thank you for your response, my apologies I just saw this post. I was able to create an additional hard disk on the vm, then using HPSA we are formatting disk 0 as the C: drive and disk 1 as the 😧 drive with OO adding the requested amount of storage to each disk. 

This works perfectly for Windows 2003 Servers, however on Windows 2008 servers the policy is setting the disk 1 (drive D:smileyhappy: to offline. I have tried to get SA to configure the disk 1 to online, however it is returning an error. I can manually do this on the server using the command line once the server is provisioned, and it successfully puts the 😧 drive there as disk 1. 

Is there a way to run a command on the server from HPOO? That way I can automate this process of bringing the disk online. I am using HPOO version 7.60.

Thanks!

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.