Absent Member.. leo chang Absent Member..
Absent Member..

An error occurred when run Remote Command Execution

Version: OO 9.07 running cluster mode

Issue: 

I create a flow run command on windows platform using "Remote Command Execution" operation. the command is "cmd /c Test.bat 2>temperr 1>tempout", everything looks fine when debug in OO studio.

But if the Test.bat running more than 5 minutes the OO studio will stopped and display the error message. I attached the screen snapshot.

I changed the timeout value on the input, but same issue.

Any expert know the reason?

thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Absent Member.. Steve_Drummond Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: An error occurred when run Remote Command Execution

It's because you are trying to perform a .length call on an undefined variable. OO will do a hard crash if it encounters any parsing errors in a scriptlet

You can either surround your scriptlet with a try/catch block

try {
<code>
} catch(e) {
  scriptletResult = e;
}

or do a check on any var you want to manipulate

if (typeof <varname> != "undefined") {
<code>
}

0 Likes
Absent Member.. leo chang Absent Member..
Absent Member..

The scriptlet code is the part of OOTB operation, is this a bug?

0 Likes
Absent Member.. JasonCantrell Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hello Leo,

Apologies for the late respose.  I am an OO Support engineer and I discussed this with my leads. It is not a bug, it is a request for enhancement and it has to do  with the CP you are using – if you want to track this please open a RFE.

It does look like bad code, by default we usually capture stderr/stdout to the channel and you could just parse it vs. redirecting it as a suggestion.

Please let me know if this was helpful and answers your question.

Kind Regards,

Jason

HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.