Respected Contributor.. Devildiablo Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Autofill with prompt from user

Hey All,

I know this is extremelly unlikely but I said I would ask anyway. So im using the prompt the user from a selection list feature.

The list is a list of 100s of servers. The customer has asked is there a way of beginning to type the name of the server and the field jump to that server in the list to save scrolling through the list?

As I already told the customer I dont believe this can currently be done but a colleague who no longer works for us had told them it could and now we have this situation.

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Reply
Outstanding Contributor.. JarodMB Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: Autofill with prompt from user

as far as I know, this isn't an available feature within OO - manipulation of user interactivity on the front end without postbacks has been a long requested item - sounds as if the individual that stranded you wasn't as in-depth with the tool as they should've been if they were making such promises... you can, however, run through a series of prompts that can filter down the listing...  I wouldn't do this

you can create a multi-selection list - order the input items prior to showing the list, with an item selected in the selection list you can start typing and it'll jump to a line for those characters... most users I've worked with do not prefer this method (they try to select multiple hosts but end up de-selecting others (user issues) and provide negative feedback on tool experience)

you could build a custom UI that executes the flow via OOs REST interface - where you could control all facets of user interaction.

or if you have an external system for ticketing have that system configured for a catalog item that could suit this use case 

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.