Absent Member.. willrodriguez Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Building out CPs automatically in v10

Jump to solution

I'm back with yet another question! As I mentioned in a previous topic, we're looking at integrating deployment of our HPOO content into our deploy process. At the moment, it looks like we might be able to get it working, but I wanted to ask a few quick questions.

We had an idea about automatically building content packs that can be deployed automatically through our continuous integration system. Is it possible to create content packs in an automated fashion? On the java side, we can create automated snapshots of code using maven and repository tools like nexus. On the server management side you can have packaged snapshots and images. We'd like to do something similar

HPOO has always had a separate deploy structure set up in our environment, so if we could automate it, it would save us a lot of hassle and a significant number bit of man hours.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Absent Member..

Re: Building out CPs automatically in v10

Jump to solution

For the purposes of helping out other people in the community, I'd like to go ahead and give an update. After working with Professional Services and R&D, it's been determined that this process is actually supported out of the box.

The process of automatically building a content pack using maven is similar, and included, in the process of building an @Action plugin. In order to build a content pack outside of studio, you'll need to follow the process outlined in the Action Developer's Guide for Creating a Plugin Using a Maven Archetype, but with a few minor changes.

For building a content pack, without a custom-written plugin:

1. Make sure you have all the prerequisites:
    - Maven 3.0.3 or higher
    - JDK 7
    - The SDK zip files off of the HP OO ISO (sdk-dotnet-<version>.zip and sdk-java-<version>.zip)
  2. Unzip both SDK files and drop their contents in the top level of your maven repository.
  3. Open a command prompt and run the following command:
    mvn archetype:crawl
  4. Go to whatever folder you want to create a sample project in and run:
    mvn archetype:generate -DarchetypeCatalog=file://PATH/TO/YOUR/MAVEN/REPO
  5. You'll get a list of archetypes, choose com.hp.sdk:oo-plugin-archetype from the list by typing its corresponding number and pressing Enter.
  6. It will prompt you for a groupId, artifactId, package, and UUID. The groupID and package will be the same and should be the path you want to have the package stored in your repo. You should name the artifactId after your project name, and the UUID, you can make up entirely, it doesn't matter so far as I can tell.
  7. Once the sample project has been built out, it's time to make some changes. You'll be left with a folder which contains two subfolders, one that ends in -cp and one that ends in -project. For our purposes, you can nuke the -plugin folder
  8. Edit the pom.xml file in the top level directory and remove the following line:
    <module>somethingsomething-plugin</module>
  9. Save it and go into the -cp directory and open the pom in there, and remove the following lines:
    <dependencies>
    <dependency>
    <groupId>${project.groupId}</groupId>
    <artifactId>somethingsomething-plugin</artifactId>
    <version>${project.version}</version>
    </dependency>
    </dependencies>
    <artifactItems>
    <artifactItem>
    </artifactItem>
    </artifactItems>
  10. ???
  11. Profit!!!!
0 Likes
4 Replies
Absent Member.. Sussan_Z_OO Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hello Will,

I hope you are great today.

Regarding this thread I am glad of work with you again, so will be researching your question with our group internally.  

I will respond when I have the next step on this situation.

Best Regards,

Sussan Zamora

HPOO

“Regards,
If you find this or any post useful to resolve the issue, please mark this thread as correct answer and other members can benefit with the information given
Sussan Zamora
SW Support Technical Consultant
San Jose, Costa Rica
hpe.com
Hewlett Packard Enterprise “
0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

By the way, while we're on the topic, we were also wondering if there is an official nexus repository for HP OO content packs. If you guys have one, we'd definitely appreciate it if you could point us at it.

0 Likes
Absent Member.. Sussan_Z_OO Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hello Will,

I hope you are great today.

Regarding this thread I have consulted with my OO Team and I have received the next answer:

>We do not have a supported process for this – You should engage PSO ( Professional Services Organization ) to see if a custom solution is possible.

>In answer to the customers question about a nexus repo- The only supported repos/CP are on hpln and then only some are supported out of support vs the community.

Hpln Link:

https://hpln.hp.com/node/21/contentfiles

I hope this information help you, but if not, don't hesitate to let me know.

Best Regards,

Sussan Zamora

HPOO

“Regards,
If you find this or any post useful to resolve the issue, please mark this thread as correct answer and other members can benefit with the information given
Sussan Zamora
SW Support Technical Consultant
San Jose, Costa Rica
hpe.com
Hewlett Packard Enterprise “
0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

For the purposes of helping out other people in the community, I'd like to go ahead and give an update. After working with Professional Services and R&D, it's been determined that this process is actually supported out of the box.

The process of automatically building a content pack using maven is similar, and included, in the process of building an @Action plugin. In order to build a content pack outside of studio, you'll need to follow the process outlined in the Action Developer's Guide for Creating a Plugin Using a Maven Archetype, but with a few minor changes.

For building a content pack, without a custom-written plugin:

1. Make sure you have all the prerequisites:
    - Maven 3.0.3 or higher
    - JDK 7
    - The SDK zip files off of the HP OO ISO (sdk-dotnet-<version>.zip and sdk-java-<version>.zip)
  2. Unzip both SDK files and drop their contents in the top level of your maven repository.
  3. Open a command prompt and run the following command:
    mvn archetype:crawl
  4. Go to whatever folder you want to create a sample project in and run:
    mvn archetype:generate -DarchetypeCatalog=file://PATH/TO/YOUR/MAVEN/REPO
  5. You'll get a list of archetypes, choose com.hp.sdk:oo-plugin-archetype from the list by typing its corresponding number and pressing Enter.
  6. It will prompt you for a groupId, artifactId, package, and UUID. The groupID and package will be the same and should be the path you want to have the package stored in your repo. You should name the artifactId after your project name, and the UUID, you can make up entirely, it doesn't matter so far as I can tell.
  7. Once the sample project has been built out, it's time to make some changes. You'll be left with a folder which contains two subfolders, one that ends in -cp and one that ends in -project. For our purposes, you can nuke the -plugin folder
  8. Edit the pom.xml file in the top level directory and remove the following line:
    <module>somethingsomething-plugin</module>
  9. Save it and go into the -cp directory and open the pom in there, and remove the following lines:
    <dependencies>
    <dependency>
    </dependency>
    </dependencies>
    <artifactItems>
    <artifactItem>
    </artifactItem>
    </artifactItems>
  10. ???
  11. Profit!!!!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.