Super Contributor.. JamesLindsay Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Call a subflow using UUID

Is there an operations in 10.60 that allows me to call a subflow using the UUID,  pass that subflows inputs,  and return an output field if I know its name?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
6 Replies
AndreiTruta Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Call a subflow using UUID

you could use a dynamic lauch flow to trigger it and an http get to get the execution summary

Andrei Vasile Truta
0 Likes
Super Contributor..

That's a good idea. I don't want the subflow to run under a seperate execution ID though.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

I'm not sure of the usecase you  want here  because what you say  both in the first request clashes with what you say in your latest post.  So let us split down the problem so that maybe we can help you.

You asked if there are any operations that allow you to call a subflow by UUID pass it inputs and return outputs, then you said that  you don't want the execution to be in a separate thread (basically you want it to be in the same execution id as the parrent flow).  Because of this  I have to ask for more clarification.  Since a step in a flow can be either  an operation or a different flow I assume that the reason of trying to use the flow as a step or subflow in the manner you described is either because you don't have access to the subflow or you want to do a dynamical flow use. Either way we need more info in order to help you.

Regards, 

Vlad

0 Likes
Super Contributor..

"you want to do a dynamical flow use"

Exactly. I have a number of different sublfows, each with their own input requirements, but I expect the same return variable. I will process the inputs to know what subflow I want to launch and the inputs it requires. I will process the returned variable value to know if I should continue or do someting else.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

Sadly at this point there isn' any decision making operation (if input 1 call flow 1), however you could create a flow that decides which path to take and works out the details from there (see attached screenshot). 

Hope this helps,

Vlad

0 Likes
Super Contributor..

Thanks for the reply. I currently have the structure depicted in your image/flow except that going into the flow I know I'll need to run flows 1, 2, and 3 if 2 provides the result I expect. I'm trying to avoid having to add on the many many subflows I would have. What I mean to say is that today, I have all the sublfows in the a parent flow and I use decisioon logic to run the required flows in the the order I desire. It's getting ridiculously long with lots of transions converging on a single string compartor based on expected output. For any given run, I may run flow1, flow3 and flows 4, 5, 6... by way of iterating through them and passing different inputs specific to therm. Maybe there is a javascript I can write that can call the subflow by UUID and pass it it's inputs? I'm looking for the functionality of the dynamic launcher but with the behavior of a subflow in that it reamins as part of the same execution ID/thread and passes its results to the parent flow. In this way, I don't have to keep adding on subflows.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.