Contributor.. kaushikr93 Contributor..
Contributor..

Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Login failed for user

Hey folks,

i have installed OO 10.20 and did a patch upgrade to 10.22.0001 and this was done using SQL server account .Now it has to configured to work with windows authentication . So i'm following Database guide 10.2x under that " Configuring HP OO to work with Windows Authentication " section and did the changes accordingly ,but after the doing the changes OO is not coming up .It's giving 404 error in the browser.

when i went through the logs i could see "Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Login failed for user " .So is that the login issue of the Windows credentials ? I just wanted to double confirm before asking the customer to look into it and i have also encrypted the password to key that in the database,properties file 

0 Likes
3 Replies
AndreiTruta Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Login failed for user

The error seems related to the changes that have been performed on the authentication part.

It needs to be investigated as it might be:

a. something in the database.properties guide that has not been placed properly.

Note that the jdbc.url parameter is broken into several lines using trailing backslash characters.

b. the target server not accepting Windows authentication yet.

Andrei Vasile Truta
0 Likes
Contributor.. kaushikr93 Contributor..
Contributor..

Hi Andrei ,

I had to add windows credentials in the HP OO service Log On section after that it worked, I got to know about this from my colleague and also this part was missed out in the Database guide that i was referring to . So the issue is solved and configuration is working now . 🙂 

0 Likes
AndreiTruta Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Thank you for letting us know.

I will open an internal enhacement for the documentation to be updated.

Andrei Vasile Truta
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.