Regular Contributor.. SatyaGannamraju Regular Contributor..
Regular Contributor..

Certificate renewal reg.

Hello, I've a question.  

OMI contacts load balancer of OO over a URL and LB certificates are imported to OMI.

Now, the scenario is the cert on central server 1 is about to expire (located at \central\var\sercurity\key.store, the one named as tomcat.  There is no separate cert on central server 2, instead the same cert of server 1 is imported.

My question is, as OMI contacts OO at LB (not directly to OO central servers), does the expiring cert on central 1 need to renew?  If it is not renewed what will be the impact.  My point of view is it is not required as central servers are not contacting OMI directly, instead happening via LB, which is the mediator between OMI & OO.

Share your inputs.

Thanks, Satya

0 Likes
3 Replies
Regular Contributor..

Re: Certificate renewal reg.

Guys, please someone help?

Thanks, Satya

0 Likes
AndreiTruta Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

is the LB communicating with the OO servers on HTTS?

if yes, is the LB trusting the "new OO"?

Andrei Vasile Truta
0 Likes
Regular Contributor..

Yes, LB communicating with central without any issue.  Also OMI hits the LB URL and not the central URL.

Satya

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.