bbkdhumm Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Chained iterations

Hi,

I'm trying (in fact, I'm learning) to develop a workflow for new user arrival: AD account creation, Exchange, and so one.

To do it, I get users's informations from a mysql database then iterate for every new user to create.

In this iteration, I try to iterate again on a list to check AD group availability. And this second iteration only works for first entry, always fail for other entries.

If I run this test on an standalone workflow, it's OK.

So here are my questions: are chained iterations allowed on HP OO (using v9.0 trial actually) ? If yes, why doesn't it work in my case ? Did I miss something ?

Thx by advance

Lionel

PS: joining my flow as attachment. Sorry if it's ugly, still learning 😉

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Absent Member.. Steve_Drummond Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Chained iterations

Hi lionel,

From looking just at the screenshots this flow should work fine.

My first advice would be to look at the Assign From and Assign To fields of each of the inputs on the List Iterator and Subflow.  If you believe they are all correct and not overwriting one another after the first iteration then go through the flow step-by-step with the Debugger; keep an eye on those variables in the Step Context screen and see if they are what you think.

If all that is working fine are you able to provide the error messages?

cheers

steve

0 Likes
bbkdhumm Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Chained iterations

Oups...
I checked yesterday, again and again step context variables, and I didn't see that some invisible char (CR or LF maybe) was present at begining of my variable, so group couldn't be found in AD. 100% my fault.

Sorry for disturbing...
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.