gmerrill44 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Checking for errors in parallel paths

I have a large workflow that uses parallel paths.  I have 9 paths, all calling different subflows.  Everything seemed to work as expected.  When I drilled in for details I saw that some of the paths failed, but the overall flow completed. 

When calling a subflow in a parallel path, the subflow has a success and fail status, but the Lane itself only has a success status.  Therefore weather the subflow fails or not, both results lead to a success of that Lane.  How can you tell if a lane fails ? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Absent Member.. Sean2016 Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Checking for errors in parallel paths

Something I did here was added a lane status flow variable that is pushed back out the each lane.  Each lane had it's own named variable.  Then a "checker" that looked at the flow variables making sure everything was marked as "success" (or whatever I had as the good/bad/ugly flag indicators).

0 Likes
gmerrill44 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

How did you add the lane status variable?  I don't see that the lane has any properties other than Lane Name.  Did you use Set Flow Variable?

Sorry if this is a basic question.  I've had limited exposure to HPOO and am taking on some complex workflows.

Thank you for your help

0 Likes
Absent Member.. kareemhamed Absent Member..
Absent Member..

I face the same problem when I was performing copy/paste for a Lane, then I relized i should add lane for each new lane.

How to add lane ?

Basically you right click in the parallel split step and click add lane.

Regards

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.