David_Teh Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Clarification on ROI

Hi all, 

I'm trying to implement the ROI within a flow so that it appears on central. However, there are some parts I am unsure of. I know the ROI to be inputted is a value. However, I am not sure how the flow would make use of it. The studio guide basically states to input an ROI value per step and the central guide tells me that the ROI can be in dollars or work days. The central guide contridicts my understanding of ROI which is returned as a percentage. Some clarification on this would be good as it suggests that cost or time savings is interchangeable!

For the part regarding the studio guide, how should I go about looking to create this value per step? Would it be done via looking at the returned ROI value in terms of any time unit I wish as long as I make the necessary adjustments to my ROI formula?

Thanks! 
David

0 Likes
2 Replies
Honored Contributor.. RiverRat_1 Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Re: Clarification on ROI

ROI is defined by whom ever asks for the metric it should come in.  I haven't used the ROI feature in a while but when I did I didn't do the per step approach.

The flow I created was for user provisioning (both onboarding and offboarding).  I interviewed the folks that normally did it by hand and asked "How long did it typically take you to add a user into <blah blah blah> ?"  So several questions there and then how long to deprovision someone.  They gave me a high level estimate of $$ / hour.  I took that and figured out per $$ / minute.   I applied to ROI figures to the two places in the flow.  I added the add-user ROI figure to the final step of the *success* path of onboarding path.   I did the same for the *success* path of the offboarding side of the flow.

I didn't make it too complicated otherwise maintaining the ROI values themselves through the flows and steps would have been impossible.  Keep it SIMPLE and easily maintainable otherwise you'll regret using that feature.

David_Teh Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Re: Clarification on ROI

Thanks for the clarification! It's helped me with my understanding! 

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.