Established Member.. lexa77
Established Member..

Clean up dirty data in HPOO 10.60 DB?

Hello all,

we are starting to migrate to HPOO 10.60 after 5 years running on HPOO 9.x After first tests we recognized that some data will not be cleaned automatically in the database (in case of workflow failed to execute => canceled) For example an acquire lock will not be released 😞 Why ?

After some inverstigation we found out that acquire locks are strored in OO_RUNTIME_VALUE_STORE and can be deleted manually. In other cases we had to truncate OO_EXECUTION_STATES, OO_EXECUTION_QUEUES and so on and so on...

Is it possible to provide a stored procedure or function in OOSH to clean up such dirty data in a secure way?

Best regards,

Alex

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Andrey_C_OO
New Member.

Re: Clean up dirty data in HPOO 10.60 DB?

Hello Alex,

Thank you for contacting HPE Forum. 

My name is Andrey, I am from the OO/CSA team. 

Regarding your question,  unfortunately, the truncates that we provide to clean those tables are the only procedure.

Best Regards,

Andrey Corrales Torres | SW Technical Support Consultant.

Operations Orchestration / Cloud Service Automation.

San Jose, Costa Rica
hpe.com
Hewlett Packard Enterprise

HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
AndreiTruta Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Clean up dirty data in HPOO 10.60 DB?

Hi Alex,

Regarding the lock problem - what occurs to you in the event of failed or cancelled flow is abnormal. The lock should be removed. If you can reproduce the problem I suggest you open support ticket and give all the details - including logs and screenshot captures of the application so that the support team will be able to replicate.

Regarding the cleaning procedures - i recommand you check the database maintanence document that HPE OO has and also (very important) the purging flows that are part of the HPE Solutions content pack (You will find out that there are procedures of purging execution data, debugging data, audit data, index maintanence and so on).

Hope it helps,

Andrei Vasile Truta
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.