Highlighted
alescaramanzia Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Configure historical database with a second Central instance?

Hi everybody! We have the requirement to store historial flow executions (years maybe) but we don't want to have a large database size (for performance and to avoid a high downtime due to restore task if we in cur in a diasaster scenario). Unlike other applications that we use, OO doesn't have the necessary to handle a second historial DB in a separate instance, for example. The only way that I imagine now is having a separate Central instance just pointing to the historical DB (doing a daily restore from prod env to it) so we could adjust the debug flows in order to maintain the prod db as smaller as possible.

OO 10.60 over a MSSQL 2014.

Any other idea?

Thanks in advice.

Alexis.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Outstanding Contributor.. JarodMB Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: Configure historical database with a second Central instance?

I setup an OLAP DB and developed some PS that ETLs from prod to historical converting data for faster reporting and a sep UI for reporting. I keep about a week in production but ETL pretty frequently to keep the load down.. there is no off the shelf option from microfocus as far as I know. 

alescaramanzia Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Re: Configure historical database with a second Central instance?

Hi! That seems pretty interesting (and cheaper than a server). We need to find out if we are allowed to create an appropiate format to present the info to the consumers (maybe they don't want nothing out of the OO environment, auditing I guess).

I don't think that it'll be more options than this, maybe an idea for enhancement from Microfocus?

Thanks!

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.