Absent Member.. Neil_Hall Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Content Pack deployment via REST

Using PowerShell I've been able to deploy a single content pack in 10.10:-

$url = "https://${server}:8443/oo/rest/content-packs/contentpackABC
Invoke-RestMethod
-Method PUT -Uri $url -InFile $filePath -Headers $header

However the API guide seems vague around deploying multiple content packs simultaneously. Page 83  "How can I deploy content packs with progress" refers to a Deployment Process file but there doesn't appear to be anything about what it should contain, format etc

Are there any worked examples for multiple content pack deployments via REST?

Thanks,

Neil

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Re: Content Pack deployment via REST

Hello Neil,

The deployment process started to change in version 10.10 and then in later versions to be able to support deployment progress tracking , so the first method you were using in Powershell was deprecated (though still supported).

Now, to deploy multiple CPs to Central, you will actually need to make 3 REST requests (as described in the API guide):

1. Create Deployment process -  POST/deployments

- this will return  a JSON containing a 'deploymentProceessId' that you will be using in the next calls

2. Upload files to be deployed to this process ID (returned previously)

POST  /deployments/{deploymentProcessId}/files

Here, I usually use DHC REST client on Chrome, as this is the  app where you can attach files to requests in the most easier manner.

3. Start that deployment process - PUT /deployments/{deploymentProcessId}

Regards, hope it helped and let us know if you still have unclarities.

Mihaela

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Content Pack deployment via REST

One thing to mention:

For POST /deployments/{deploymentProcessId}/files

I tested now also with REST Console Chrome app and it works.

Some things to mention to make it work:

You have to set

Content Header : Content-Type: application/octet-stream

Accept : Content-Type: application/json

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.