Absent Member.. fmaher16 Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Content deployed to Central - Is it possible to export the pack from Central?

Hi

We had a content pack deployed to central and scheduled the flow etc and everything is running as expected.

Unfortunately we dont have the local copy of the content pack available anymore and it cannot be located on the locally either on the Central Server either, so if we need to change the flow, we have no way to get it back to Studio to make changes and deploy again.

Is there any way to export the content from Central so we may edit again in Studio?

We have OO version 10.10

Thanks for any help. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
14 Replies
Trusted Contributor.. jarodb Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Re: Content deployed to Central - Is it possible to export the pack from Central?

What database and version supports your central installation?

//Actively seeking HPOO opportunities
0 Likes
Absent Member..

Re: Content deployed to Central - Is it possible to export the pack from Central?

Hi

Oracle 11.2.0.1.0

Thanks

0 Likes
Trusted Contributor..

Table: oo_deployment_cp_files
and then in plsql you can try something like the example below (you'll need to update - I've not tested)
Once extracted to the filesystem you can use an application like 7zip to deflate the jar and import into Studio as a project

DECLARE  l_file      UTL_FILE.FILE_TYPE;  
l_buffer RAW
(32767);
l_amount BINARY_INTEGER
:= 32767;
l_pos NUMBER
:= 1;
l_blob BLOB
; l_blob_len NUMBER; BEGIN SELECT file_content INTO l_blob FROM oo_deployment_cp_files WHERE ID=<id>;
l_blob_len := DBMS_LOB.getlength(l_blob); -- Open the destination file.
l_file
:= UTL_FILE.fopen(<location>,<filename>,'wb', 32767); WHILE l_pos < l_blob_len LOOP DBMS_LOB.read(l_blob, l_amount, l_pos, l_buffer);
UTL_FILE.put_raw(l_file, l_buffer, TRUE);
l_pos := l_pos + l_amount; END LOOP; -- Close the file.
UTL_FILE
.fclose(l_file); END;

0 Likes
Absent Member..

I've checked the tablespace we are using, unfortunately there doesnt appear to be any rows in oo_deployment_cp_files.

SQL> select count(*) from OO_DEPLOYMENT_CP_FILES ;

COUNT(*)
----------

Any ideas ?

Could it be this table instead?  

OO_CONTENT_PACKS

0 Likes
Trusted Contributor..

Should be OO_Deployment_Content_Packs

Just ran a test in a lab environment and recreated the deployed content pack from the table above

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Looks like we dont have that table...

I have attached a full listing of our OO tables

0 Likes
Trusted Contributor..

I'm sorry brain to keyboard issue on my part

the table is "OO_Deployment_CP_Files"

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Thanks, appreciate you taking time to try to help..

unfortunately that is the table that doesnt have any rows:

SQL> select count(*) from OO_DEPLOYMENT_CP_FILES ;

COUNT(*)
----------

0 Likes
Trusted Contributor..

are you sure you're connected to the right database?

you can check deployed content packs by "select * from oo_content_packs"
and correlate that within central under Content Management -> Content Packs

You can verify the DB by going to your central URL + /monitoring
https://host:8443/oo/monitoring
-> expand System Information -> Details
Look for the JDBC connection string under the "DataBase" configuration item

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Hi

Yes, when I list oo_content_packs I can see all of our deployed content packs as expected, so definitely connected to correct DB.

We only have 1 OO installation, 1 database tablespace etc.

When I saw the table you mentioned is empty, I had thought maybe I was looking for this blob instead- CONTENT_PACK_ZIP from OO_CONTENT_PACKS

0 Likes
Trusted Contributor..

Do you still have the workspace of the original (I assume no longer with the org) author?

If the development box they use hasn't been wiped and their user directory still exists you should be able to find the files under c:\users\<author>\.oo\workspace

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Unfortunately not...   the development box, was their laptop, which has been wiped.

0 Likes
Trusted Contributor..

If you want someone to come in and help recreate I can be available 🙂

Otherwise you can get at the individual content by creating the underlying XML file and recreating the project structure

OO_Deployed_Entities
Filename= Path
File Content = Source_File

Steps
Create an empty project in studio
Close Studio
Create the underlying XML following the project structure
Open Studio and verify the index files have been created -- run through testing and validation
Delete the deployed content pack and upload the recreated content pack
Setup subversion

0 Likes
Absent Member.. sujanask Absent Member..
Absent Member..

The solution is helpful.  I do have similar situation, where I would need to extract the CP from central and edit it in studio. Have MSSQL DB in our setup. Could you please help me with the steps to be followed to retrieve the CP from MSSQL DB or any other way to achieve this?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.