Our vBulletin migration is complete.
Welcome vBulletin users! All content and user information from the Micro Focus Forums (vBulletin) site has been migrated to this site. READ MORE.
julianr Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Couldn't connect to VIM service

I'm having issues, during a PoC, to access VMware vCenter in order to create a simple VM from CSA 4.7 with an error like the following one:

{exception=java.lang.RuntimeException: Couldn't connect to VIM service: VI SDK invoke exception:org.dom4j.DocumentException: Error on line 31 of document http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd : The declaration for the entity "HTML.Version" must end with '>'. Nested exception: The declaration for the entity "HTML.Version" must end with '>'.

I decided to create an OO flow using the "Get Virtual Machine" operation only, and the same error happened.

May any of you point to the root cause of this error?

Cheers,

Julián

0 Likes
3 Replies
julianr Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Re: Couldn't connect to VIM service

vCenter version, which is running on a Linux appliance, is 6.0.0.

I've tried OO Base and Virtualilzation CP versions 1.8, 1.9.1 and 1.10. All of them provide the same error.

Any clue,

Julián

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

For the record

using the workaround from here: https://thwack.solarwinds.com/thread/99910

"use blank for port parameter"

addressed the issue

Mihai Lazar
Automate & Orchestrate Solution Architect

*If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
Frequent Contributor.. Mickey Frequent Contributor..
Frequent Contributor..

Julián,

Could yu kindly check if you are specifying all the necessary paramters ?? I had a similar issue and I was missing to pass a parameter. 

If it is ok, could you kindly specify the paramters you were passing to the operation ??

Regards.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.