Absent Member.. dsalkin Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Custom IAction: no inputs, responses or resultFields

Jump to solution

Hi,

When importing a custom IAction into my studio I notice that it is empty of all inputs, responses and resultFields. But my ActionTemplate seems to be defined correctly (see attached).

Does anyone have any ideas? Are there any debug logs on Central/RAS/local which I could enable to troubleshoot?

Regards,

David Sakin
HP SaaS

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Absent Member..

Re: Custom IAction: no inputs, responses or resultFields

Jump to solution

Found it!

It's the constructor.

You can't include a constructor in the implementation of the IAction. (This should be documented under "Important notes for creating Java IActions").

0 Likes
5 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Please check if your JARs are copied in the proper locations <OO_HOME>\Java\Default\repository and 3rd party libs under <OO_HOME>\Java\Default\repository\lib when you import the iActions in Studio.

For example for VMware vCenter integration:

<OO_HOME>\Java\Default\repository\VMware.jar

<OO_HOME>\Java\Default\repository\lib\VMware\<3rd party jars used by VMware.jar>

HTH,

Lucian

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution
They are in place: the file sisclnt.jar is under C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Operations Orchestration\RAS\Java\Default\repository and the directory sisclnt is under C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Operations Orchestration\RAS\Java\Default\repository\lib

The Studio command "File > Create New Operations from RAS" does actually succeed. There are just no inputs, responses etc in the operation.
0 Likes
Absent Member.. Steve_Drummond Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

You can attach your IDE to the RSJRAS service as a debugger and put a breakpoint within the ActionTemplate.

I was looking at this yesterday and your ActionTemplate seems fine; unfortunately I lost my lab to try and test importing your object.

The only thing I can see, which shouldn't be a problem, is when setting the Responses I have always set their value as an integer (in both JAVA and .NET IActions). I know the SDK document does a String.ValueOf for the Java class but the .NET sample code passes it as an integer. I looked at the JAVA file for one of my IActions and I set up the response as an integer.

The response value for a failure code should also be 1, not -1.

If you're still having trouble by the time I get my lab up (next week sometime) I will continue to try and help.

One other troubleshooting thing I could recommend is to comment out all but one section of the template; test your inputs first, then result fields, then responses, etc.

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution
Thank you for all your tips. It is still not working but I haven't debugged remotely yet (I have to set myself up for that) and I haven't trimmed down the template.
0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Found it!

It's the constructor.

You can't include a constructor in the implementation of the IAction. (This should be documented under "Important notes for creating Java IActions").

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.