Respected Contributor.. relent0r Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Deleting central workers in 10.60

Hi

We're testing 10.60 and the central guide indicates you can't delete central workers from the central page.

I'm wondering how we go about the situation where you want to delete one from central. Theres no mention of how you can delete them that I can see. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
7 Replies
EASPhilLewis Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Deleting central workers in 10.60

Hi,

Have you uninstalled the RAS software from the Central? Or try stopping the RAS service, this might allow you to disable it in the workers page and then delete.

Thanks,

Phil

0 Likes
michal_hugim Absent Member.
Absent Member.

You can delete a Worker when it's Disabled.

You don't have to uninstall it, you can Disable it from Central and then Delete it.

0 Likes
Respected Contributor..

Tried that, the delete icon is greyed out if the worker is enabled or disabled. The ras servers can be deleted fine. This is only specific to 10.60 as the functionality is fine in 10.51.

I tested it on a fresh environment as well, I created a cluster of two nodes, uninstalled central from one of them then disabled the worker and checked to see if I could delete it. Which I couldn't, removing the row from the oo_worker_nodes table removes them but I'm sure theres a safer way. 

0 Likes
michal_hugim Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

I'm sorry - I only noticed now that you was referring to the Central worker, not the RASes.

So, correct, you can't remove a Central worker. unlike OO9, in OO10x the Central contains an internal worker.  As you don't have to install it separately explicitly, you also don't suppose to delete it. It's internal.

If you don't want flows to run on the Central machine, you simply Disable it. It will not consume any resources.

Indeed, removing the record from the DB is not safe.. I wouldn't recommend that.

BTW, why is it important for you to remove this worker?

0 Likes
Respected Contributor..

Ah well I performed an install of a central + ras, the ras component failed as I'd not specificied ras connection credentials, so I foolishly uninstalled and reran the install and now have a duplicate central worker. So its just a requirement to tidy up the duplicate.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

In central 10.60 you can delete external workers (RAS workers) only when they are in shut down state. By shut down state it means that either the worker service/process is down or that the worker was uninstalled. The  state is highlighted by the cloud with the x icon. Once the topology screen shows the worker in this state select it and delete it. The working status of the worker (enabled/disabled) is not relevant for deletion, that only controls wether flow executions will be assigned to the worker or not.

This works for both regular RASes and reverse RASes.

Regards,

Vlad

0 Likes
Respected Contributor..

We opted to remove the db row which worked fine. I'm not sure if there are other ways when it comes to central workers.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.