Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Deploy new WF version during execution

Hi,

I want to understand something in OO:

For eg: i have a flow A which is now running under Central and takes 30 minutes.

In this time i modify the WF in Studio and redeploy the content pack of this WF in central (when it is still running).

My question is:

At what time OO decides that for the WF A we will use the new version.

If this is done at the end of the flow execution, what if we have another flow B in the same content pack which takes 12 hours.

In this case, when the flow A starts after one hour, it will execute it's new version, but in this time the flow B is still running with the old version of the content pack.

If it is true so OO runs two content packs at the same time, isn't it.?

Regards;

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Deploy new WF version during execution

Hello Adel_HPOO_1020,

I was checking information about the expected behavior for this scenario, but I couldn't find anything documented, however I did some tests and I think it will change the version after the flow execution. 

In the background, OO works as follows:

a) when a flow is run for the first time, it create an execution plan which is stored in oo_cached_execution_plans database table.
b) that execution plan is send to the worker and copied in oo_running execution_plans.
c) when the run ends it is cleared from oo_running_execution_plans
d) at every deploy of content pack, oo_cached_execution_plans is truncated so we can create execution plans from the new versions of the content.

Thanks! 

Carlos Rojas
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.