Absent Member.. lothargr Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Deploy new content - New flows not available to Flow Library

After succesfully deploying Virtualization 1.2.1 Content Pack over Virtualization 1.1.0 Content Pack in OO Central, the new flows are not available in the Flow Library.

Is there any extra step needed to get the new flows available?

Labels (1)
7 Replies
Absent Member.. melisegura Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Deploy new content - New flows not available to Flow Library

Hello lothargr,

Flows are exported in OO 10x from Studio to Central in quite a different approach from OO 9x. If you want to have some flow visible in Central you should export it as a Content pack and then Deploy it as a new content in Central. One way, that I have done it is according the steps described below:

Maybe these steps could work:

1) At first, please select the top folder of Project that you want to export in Central, which is the folder placed above the Library & Configuration ones (of the project you want to export) on Studio.
2) There is a button called Create Content Pack which is the 3rd button starting from the left of the Project window on the top-left and fill in the Location field which is the directory where you will export this flow.
3) Then open the Content space | Flow library in Central and click the Deploy New Content button then click the Plus (+) button in the new window and select the .jar file from the folder where you have exported your Content pack from Studio.

If everything goes fine a new folder with the Project name that was exported will be added in Central’s flow Library.

Regards,
melisegura

0 Likes
Absent Member.. Sandy21 Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hi,

I have one querry on importing the flows.

I have two installations of OO 9.05 and 10.0 I have some customized flows on OO 9.05.

How can I import the same to OO 10.x version?

Regards

Sandhya

0 Likes
Absent Member.. melisegura Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hello Sandhya,

To import flows from HP OO 9x to HP OO 10x, including customized flows, my recommendation is please, review the "hp_man_OO10.00_Upgrade_Guide_pdf.pdf" on page 13 (Phase 2: Content Upgrade) and try to follow the steps indicated.

You can get this guide in this link: https://softwaresupport.hp.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/KM00465748.

Regards,
melisegura

0 Likes
Absent Member.. PMiranda Absent Member..
Absent Member..

The exact same thing happened to me with Server Automation Content Pack 1.3.0 and 1.2.2. Content Pack sucessfully deployed in Central, but only the flows under the folder 'Samples' became available. All others are nowhere to be found. Using OO 10.50. Still have no idea why this is happening.

0 Likes
EASJosh Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Hi PMiranda,

Have you tried deleting the old content pack, and importing the new one fresh? Does this avoid the issue?

Cheers,
Josh

--------------------------------------
If my post helped you, please click the 'Kudos' button.
Absent Member..

Hi there. Yes, I have. Same behaviour. I actually have an update after troubleshooting a bit more. It seems the flows/operations are actually available for execution from the parent flows. The only issue is that me, as an admin user, am unable to see them under /Library/. I'd say this might be a security/access management issue, preventing the direct execution of these 'hidden' flows in central. Don't know if this is 100% accurate though.

0 Likes
Absent Member..

It might be as melisegura says, you first need to export a copy of the content pack in studio, and import that copy into central, instead of the original content pack. I'll try this approach and get back with the results.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.