Absent Member.. alez Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Deploying content packs and dependencies.

Hi.
I have some questions.
I'm trying to upgrade from OO 9 to version 10 (10.01.0001) installed in a test environment.
To upgrade my custom flows of version 9 i used the Content Upgrade Utility and in the report i found the following dependencies:

Valid Content Dependencies
•oo10-sa-cp-1.0.0
•oo10-base-cp
•oo10-virtualization-cp
•oo10-seoo-cp-1.0.0
•oo10-hp-solutions-cp

Invalid Content Dependencies
•oo-unmapped-content-cp
•oo10-base-cp
•oo10-hp-solutions-cp

I don't find the content packs oo10-seoo-cp-1.0.0 and oo-unmapped-content-cp.

Another question.
This one is relative to the content packs i use to develop my custom flows, for example oo10-base-cp (in my case the DVD version was oo10-base-cp-1.0.47.jar
and the newer i found is oo10-base-cp-1.0.121.jar).
If i want to deploy a new version in the Central, what i have to do? If I'm not mistaken it is not possible to remove a content pack from Central, so i have to deploy the new version over the old one.
It is possible that the deploy fails for some conflicts, because my custom flows are already deployed? If it fails, is it possible to find in Central an hybrid version
(something replaced by the deploy, something not replaced), or i am sure to find completely the old one?
What happens when the same workflow or operation (same UUID) is present in different base content packs i have to deploy?
Thank you a lot.
Bye.

Alessandro

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Alex_Eskin Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Deploying content packs and dependencies.

Hi Allessandro,

The oo-seoo content pack is still not released, there is only a beta version of it.

oo-unmapped-content includes a list of UUIDs of 9.0X content that is not mapped in v. 10.0X.

You'll have to analize it and decide how you can replace them.

As to your second question, package deployment is performed as a signle transaction. Therefore, if it fails in the middle, all the changes already applied will be rolled back.

0 Likes
Alex_Eskin Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Deploying content packs and dependencies.

Some addition regarding the unmapped content. Most of it deals with OO-to-OO integrations, and implements actions that are no longer relevant in 10.0X, such as operations with shared repository, cluster, etc.  Please try to find out which exact operations are these, and are they really needed in OO10.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.