kmann Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Does HPOO 9.07 support SSH SHA-2?

Hello all,

Just curious if anyone has come across an issue with HPOO 9.07 supporting SSH SHA-2?  I have an appliance that was working just fine with HPOO SSH and then they upgraded it with new OS.  Once that happened HPOO could not connect to it any longer and started returning this error message, "Algorithm negotiation fail".

When asked about the upgrade the person mentioned the upgrade on the appliance included removing SSH SHA-1 since it will be deprecated soon and only supported SSH SHA-2 now.  

This leads me to believe that HPOO 9.07 does not support SSH SHA-2 but wanted some kind of confirmation of that or proof that it does.  Please let me know if anyone is using 9.07 and SSHing into SHA-2 devices.

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Does HPOO 9.07 support SSH SHA-2?

Hello kmann,

Thank you for contacting HPE Forum.

My name is Carlos, I am from the OO/CSA team.

Regarding your question I would like to inform you that OO supports SHA-2, unfortunately we don’t have this documentation because this is a third party, but based on the documentation of SHA-2 that is available online they support java 1.4.2+, and OO is based on java 1.6 so we support this cryptographic set.

I hope this information answers your question, if not please don’t hesitate in letting me know.

Best Regards,

Carlos Roberto Rojas Chaves | SW Technical Support Consultant.

Operations Orchestration / Cloud Service Automation.

San Jose, Costa Rica

hpe.com

Hewlett Packard Enterprise

Carlos Rojas
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Visitor.. longxiao
Visitor..

Re: Does HPOO 9.07 support SSH SHA-2?

Hi Carlos,

I'm Henry from ESM OO team, we encountered the same isse as kmann, we need to generate a 2048 SHA2 cert, Could you guide us how to generate one 2048 SHA2 keystore? I will appricieate it very much!!

BTW, we have tried the way like below, but we just could get one 2048 SHA1 Keystore according to the OO9.07_AdminGuide.pdf. More details like the attachment.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.