David_Teh Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Download a file as part of a flow

Hi all,

Wondering if its possible to download a file as part of my flow in OO. I'm trying to read some data from a sharepoint site via exporting the information as a xml document which I will then read all from within OO.

The link I have works when I enter it into a browser tab which starts the download in my browser and I'm wondering if OO will have a similar function. I have tried all the HTTP methods (v1.0 and v2.0) but all thats returned to me is a very generic error message which offers no help.

Thanks,
David 

0 Likes
3 Replies
AndreiTruta Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Download a file as part of a flow

There needs to be a sharpoint based api that should allow you to do that. OO should be able to handle that too.

Andrei Vasile Truta
0 Likes
David_Teh Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Hi Andrei,

Thanks for the heads up about the sharepoint api. WIll give that a shot.

On a side note, is it possible to use OO to download other files? Like an excel or something? (Gave excel as the example as there is a create excel operation) I have tried to find a download file option but can't quite seem to get it.

Thanks.,
David

0 Likes
AndreiTruta Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

There are a few things you could use.

Maybe one like this can help? /Library/Operations/Remote File Transfer/Remote Copy 

Andrei Vasile Truta
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.