Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Dynamically Launch Flow - exception

• Running OO 10.60
  • Base CP 1.8.0
  • HPE Solutions CP 1.8.2
  • Central, Ras & Studio all running on localhost

When starting a flow using the Dynamically Launch Flow operation I keep getting this exception:

{exception=com.hp.oo.content.oo.utils.http.HttpResponseException: One of the arguments are not correct. ... ... ... ...etc}

The flow I'm starting is a flow from the Semaphores CP (from HPLN) called "One Shared Resource"

When trying to launch the Display Message flow instead and supplying the only required input "Message" all works fine.

One Shared Resource is a bit more complex though (see picture) and has quite a few steps with required inputs. Even when supplying all of these in inputs/values on Dynamically Launch Flow, I get this exception.

What are the exact rules when using Dynamically Launch Flow?

Anyone time to help out? I need this to work for a new OO course which is coming out very soon.

Regards,

Marc

One Shared Resource.jpg

0 Likes
7 Replies
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Dynamically Launch Flow - exception

What is the log_level value that you provide to the dynamic lauch flow.

In 10.60 should be STANDARD or EXTENDED.

Andrei Vasile Truta
0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

DynamicLaunchFlow.png

Andrei Vasile Truta
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

loglevel.jpg

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

Number of inputs and values should be equal. From your picture is not clear if you have 8 or 9 values.

Also I see 'timout' listed as input name. Is that a typo?

The full exception message will help.

HTH,

Lucian

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

I tried with many different combinations of CPs for Base as well as HP(E) Solutions, however if I go to low, I get "wrong platform"

logLevel is set to EXTENDED

All required inputs are listed (without typos) and also their values (tried both strings and variables because some required inputs for flowsteps are actually outputs from a previous step).

Yet I'm still getting "One of the arguments are not correct"

Can please some one tell me how you can dynamically launch a flow, of which some steps has required inputs which are actually fulfilled with "use constant" values, without having to list all the inputs/values pairs??? 

Or... how I can debug this properly, so I know which parameters OO is moaning about?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi, 

In the case of wrong platform you are using a HPE/HP Solution CP which does not support the current version of OO. 

Now to try and takle the problem with dynamically launch flow. I did some tests on 10.60 using base 1.8.0 and HPE Solutions 1.8.2 (the cp versions which were released with 10.60). 

I created a simple flow  which has 5 inputs, 2 inputs are required, out of the 2 required inputs one is set to prompt for value while the other is set to prompt user. I created 2 flows dyn Launch v1 and dyn Launch v2. Both versions of the flow trigger the same flow, however in v1 i provided all flow inputs and values and in v2 i omitted some.. Both versions of the flow worked and the flow was triggered correctly. I have attached screenshost with both dynamically launch flow versions' inputs, the central reuslt of running the 2 flows and the inputs of the flow to be run.

As the other people in this thread have pointed out for this operation make sure to use the exact input names in the names field, use the same delimiter for both names and values, the list of names and values must have the same size.

REgards,

Vlad

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

I remember having an example of dynamic lauch flow here: https://marketplace.microfocus.com/itom/content/oo-content-to-trigger-flows-by-mail 

if needed we can take it offline and work on the actual environment.

I am not 100% at this stage but having the logs on debug might provide more info

Andrei Vasile Truta
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.