Absent Member.. AlexGg Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Dynamically call flows/operations

I am looking to call flow/operations dynamically from a parent flow.

E.g. flowName variable will contain an UUID or flow name I have to call. Depends of what value we got in that variable we will call appointed flow/operations.

Anybody know what would be best/universal way to do it?

Note: wget and JRSFlowInvoke please do nor suggest.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Absent Member.. ntt00015 Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Dynamically call flows/operations

Hi Alex,

Have you tried "/Library/Integrations/Hewlett-Packard/Operations Orchestration/Launch Flow" operation under the Integrations? Check out the samples folder. It might help you about starting a flow. I am not sure but the subflow you started might be a headless flow.

Best Regards.

<pre>Launches a flow immediately. Add extra inputs corresponding to the flow's inputs to specify them.

Inputs:
centralUsername - The username for centralServer.
centralPassword - The password for centralUsername.
centralFlowPath - The path of the flow to run, for example: /library/my ops flows/test, or the flow's uuid
centralFlowLaunchWaitForFlow - A boolean value, should the op return immediately after launching the flow, or wait for execution to complete.
centralServer - The host of your Central server
centralPort - The port of your central server (default value is 8443)
centralProtocol - The protocol of your central server (default value is https)

Responses:
success - The operation completed Successfully.
failure - Something went wrong.

Returns:
The raw xml response of the central server.</pre>

0 Likes
Absent Member.. ntt00015 Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Sorry, The actual dynamic flow path is "/Library/Integrations/Hewlett-Packard/Operations Orchestration/Dynamically Launch Flow".

You can try both of it.

0 Likes
Absent Member.. AlexGg Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Thank you so much! I will load my PC-Magnum to run through all of your suggestions.:)
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Alex,

Usually to call other workflows in your workflow the best way is to use Subflow concept (drag the flow you want to your workflow workspace).

We usually use Integration Operations if you want to call workflows from other system, in this case I mean call another workflow from remote OO server other than the one you are using during the workflow creation.

Regards,
Mahmoud Ibrahim
https://www.itmthoughts.com
New version of Mahmoudthoughts witten by other IT experts
  • Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left.

• Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.
  • The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.