Highlighted
SaschaS Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Error on MySQL JDBC Connection via Studio 2018.05 - ClassNotFoundException: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver

Jump to solution

Hello.

I have an issue to get a MySQL JDBC connection working via the Development Studio (version 2018.05).

I have performed all steps of the JDBC-Folder documentation. My settings are:

• Studio Version 2018.05
  • Base Content Back Version 1.12.4
  • Operation used: /Base [1.12.4]/Library/Operations/Databases/JDBC/SQL Query All Rows
  • JDBC jar file downloaded from MySQL/Oracle and used: mysql-connector-java-5.1.46-bin.jar
  • Copied the jar file to the (newly created) path: C:\Program Files\Hewlett Packard Enterprise\HPE Operations Orchestration\studio\lib\ext\com.hp.oo_oo-sql-legacy-plugin_1.12.4

Configuration of operation "SQL Query All Rows"

• DBServerName: fqdn.of.mysql.server
  • DbType: MySQL
  • Username: username
  • Password: password
  • instance: <empty>
  • DBPort: 3306
  • Database: db_name
  • authenticationType: <empty>
  • dbClass: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
  • dbURL: jdbc:mysql://fqdn.of.mysql.server:3306/db_name
  • Command: SELECT col1, col2 FROM db_name.table1
  • colDelimiter: ,
  • rowDelimiter <newline character>
  • timeout: <empty>
  • databasePoolingProperties: <empty>
  • resultSetType: TYPE_FORWARD_ONLY
  • resultSetConcurrency: CONCUR_READ_ONLY

Errormessage:

{exception=java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
	at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:381)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:424)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357)
	at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
	at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:264)

(I have only posted the first lines of the error message.)

I have found some posts with similar issues. Regarding the answers I have tried several different configurations, like:

• omitting the version id in the path to the jar file
  • Using "Custom" instead of "MySQL" for DbType
  • Using the name of the jar file instead of "com.mysql.jdbc.Driver" for dbClass

But no one works 😞

Note: Connection to database from same system with Workbench works well.

Any ideas or has anyone a working configuration, which she or he could post. That would be great.

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers

-- Sascha

Labels (4)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Valued Contributor.

Re: Error on MySQL JDBC Connection via Studio 2018.05 - ClassNotFoundException: com.mysql.jdbc.Drive

Jump to solution

Hello.

A colleague of mine spotted the error. It was the path to the jar file. It was the old Studio installation containing the name "Hewlett Packard Enterprise". But the new version has the name "Micro Focus". I have copied the jar file to the path "C:\Program Files\Micro Focus\Operations Orchestration\studio\lib\ext\com.hp.oo_oo-sql-legacy-plugin_1.12.4" and guess what: it works.

Cheers

-- Sascha

0 Likes
1 Reply
Valued Contributor.

Re: Error on MySQL JDBC Connection via Studio 2018.05 - ClassNotFoundException: com.mysql.jdbc.Drive

Jump to solution

Hello.

A colleague of mine spotted the error. It was the path to the jar file. It was the old Studio installation containing the name "Hewlett Packard Enterprise". But the new version has the name "Micro Focus". I have copied the jar file to the path "C:\Program Files\Micro Focus\Operations Orchestration\studio\lib\ext\com.hp.oo_oo-sql-legacy-plugin_1.12.4" and guess what: it works.

Cheers

-- Sascha

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.