Contributor.. Getronics_user Contributor..
Contributor..

Error while installing RAS on a linux server

Jump to solution

Hi,

we are new to OO. We have OO central and RAS installed on the same Linux server. The installation was done by other group but now we have to install another RAS in two Windows and to Linux serverscand connecto all of them to the Central.

We have installed the RAS on the windows servers without problem, but we are having problems to install the Linux.

The installation finishes but it fails when the server tries to connect to the url of the Central. We use a silent file to perform the installation. The log file shows the following:

2019-05-13 11:55:46,351 [INFO ] Deploy configuration files: success Skipped
2019-05-13 11:55:46,351 [INFO ] Deploy Java: success
2019-05-13 11:55:46,351 [INFO ] Invoke chmod on all executables: success
2019-05-13 11:55:46,351 [INFO ] Configure uninstaller: success
2019-05-13 11:55:46,351 [INFO ] Deploy documentation: success
2019-05-13 11:55:46,351 [INFO ] Deploy Welcome page: success
2019-05-13 11:55:46,351 [INFO ] Invoke chmod on all executables: success
2019-05-13 11:55:46,351 [ERROR] Test RAS connection to Central: failure Unauthorized (401)

It seems there is a problem with the autentication, but the user and password for the Central are right. No proxy is required. The user suplied is internal, so no domain must be provided.

Do you know where the problem could be?

We suppose it is a nonsense but we can not find it.

Thanks and regards.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Error while installing RAS on a linux server

Jump to solution

About support response: I've installed only OO 10.70 RAS on Linux in the past. The only difference with OO 10.80 and later is the availability of smaller aditional ras-only installer file:

- with OO 10.70 you must copy to RAS server the full large linux installer file (installer-linux64.bin 549MB), but then select only java and ras components)

- with OO 10.80 (and later) in addition to full large installer (installer-linux64.bin 562MB) you can use a smaller file (installer-linux64-ras.bin 226MB) which is only capable of install a RAS. Advantage is to reduce disc space used and transfer time on slow networks (where RASes are sometimes placed).

About install issue: If provided a internal user, but ladp is configured in Central (and set as default), probably you need specify username as "internal\\<userName>".

Updated: backslash needs to be escaped, as detailed in section copied below from https://docs.microfocus.com/itom/Operations_Orchestration:10.70/Install/Silent_Installation

All property values that contain a backslash ('\') in the silent.properties file need to be escaped (with a double-backslash instead of a single one).

0 Likes
7 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Jump to solution

Hi,

Can you check if you have central.secured=true in the RAS silent properties file ?

If this is not set to true, then the RAS client doesn't try to register itself using authentication, regardless of what you provide for central.username and central.password parameters.

0 Likes
Contributor..

Jump to solution
Hi, Andrei,
I have checked the propertie and it is set to true:
fbasphhpoop02 (hpeoo) /home/hpe00-> grep central.secured silent-iberdrola-produccion-fbasphhpoop02.properties_ras_std
central.secured=true
# valid values for central.secured: true, false
I suspect that it may be related to the fact that the user we are providing is an internal user, but I have not seen how to indicate it.
A sample of a silent configuration file, could help.
Thanks.
Regards

0 Likes
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Jump to solution

Yes, the user that you are providing must be an existing internal Central user with the manage topology permission.

If that's what you're using in the props file, and Central is not not FIPS configured, it should work - I can't think of any other reason for the 401.

I've attached a sample silent props file for RAS, probably it will help you in some way - unzip it.

Kind regards

0 Likes
Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hi,

thanks for your answer and for the sample of the silent file. I will have a look and I hope it help us.

Support has told us that it is not possible to install a single RAS on a linux server in version 10.70. I am a bit surprised about this answer. We have a RAS installed on a linux server but it is installed with the Central.

Do you nkow if there are limitations on the requirements for a RAS on a linux server?

Regards

0 Likes
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Jump to solution

I'm running my 10.70 cluster with both linux and Win RASes... and I am not familiar with any limitation other than the linux flavor (it should be one from the OO supported OS matrix, but this is not the case for you).

There is clearly something wrong in the registering API call the RAS is making, so either the user or the password could be the culprit.

If you`re using any sort of special characters in either the name of the user or it's password, try the RAS installation again but this time use an admin user and a password that contains only EN characters.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

About support response: I've installed only OO 10.70 RAS on Linux in the past. The only difference with OO 10.80 and later is the availability of smaller aditional ras-only installer file:

- with OO 10.70 you must copy to RAS server the full large linux installer file (installer-linux64.bin 549MB), but then select only java and ras components)

- with OO 10.80 (and later) in addition to full large installer (installer-linux64.bin 562MB) you can use a smaller file (installer-linux64-ras.bin 226MB) which is only capable of install a RAS. Advantage is to reduce disc space used and transfer time on slow networks (where RASes are sometimes placed).

About install issue: If provided a internal user, but ladp is configured in Central (and set as default), probably you need specify username as "internal\\<userName>".

Updated: backslash needs to be escaped, as detailed in section copied below from https://docs.microfocus.com/itom/Operations_Orchestration:10.70/Install/Silent_Installation

All property values that contain a backslash ('\') in the silent.properties file need to be escaped (with a double-backslash instead of a single one).

0 Likes
Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hi Ramon,

Thanks to your answer, having the certainty that the RAS could be installed in version 10.70, I have made several attempts and I have realized that the problem of validation of the administrator user was in the topic of including the domain (internal) but had to escape the slash bar (with double slash).

After placing the user with the internal domain and the double slash, I was able to complete the installation.

Thank you

Regards

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.