Established Member.. AAT385
Established Member..

Excel spreadsheet formatting

Hi Guys.  I'm new to OO.  I'm generating a report in Excel and was wondering if there's a way to format the cells?  E.g. change background colour etc.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
AndreiTruta Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Excel spreadsheet formatting

Hi,

As far as I know there is no direct way to do that.

You could create your excel file as a template with colours and more things that you need and feed the inputs from OO to that excel file. You could also achieve it with some powershell scripting as far as I know.

Andrei Vasile Truta
0 Likes
Established Member.. AAT385
Established Member..

Re: Excel spreadsheet formatting

Thanks for the quick reply.  I was acutally thinking along those lines of creating a template, but couldn't see an option in the New Excel Document operation to specify a template.  I can, however, do the workaround of storing a template spreadsheet on the RAS server then copy and update it.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.